Below are some frequently asked questions we experience at the Center when people begin working with patrons with a visual impairment. Click on the question to navigate to the answer.
- How many people experience vision loss in the United States?
- How do I interact with a person who is visually impaired?
- How do I offer assistance to a person who is visually impaired?
- How do I describe what’s going on to a person with a visual impairment while at a show/play/other event with visual information?
- How do I give meaningful directions to a person with a visual impairment?
- Why do some people use a long white cane while others use a dog guide?
- What resources are available for people with vision loss?
- Other common questions about blindness…