- Open House Lunch: 1st, 3rd, & 5th Wednesday at noon
- Open House Dinner: 2nd & 4th Wednesday at 5:30 p.m.
- Jam Session: 3rd Saturday of the month
- Braille and large print Bingo
- Field trips to camps and other local entertainment activities, such as musicals, concerts, and ball games
- Free transportation is provided for blind and visually impaired patrons residing in Peoria, Tazewell, and Woodford Counties.
- Transportation to and from Center-sponsored programs, events, and activities, such as Open House meals and other social events, using either one or both of the Center’s specialized vehicles, a Ford minibus and a Chevy minivan.
- Safety features of vehicles – Hand rails, wheelchair lift in minibus, ramp in minivan, easy entrance and exit off and on the vehicles, and comfortable for dog guides.
Uftring Technology Center
- Internet access
- PC Workstations
- Voice computer screen reading programs
- Braille writers
- Braille embosser
- Desktop magnification reader
- Braille printing
- White canes and their usage
- Assistance with computer or other types of media devices
- Assistance with understanding personal paperwork, such as billing statements from utility companies
- Magnifiers, talking clocks, and products
- Low vision products
- Products for the blind
- If product is not available onsite we offer special orders