The Central Illinois Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired, formerly known as the Peoriarea Blind People’s Center until October 2013, was founded on May 9, 1955, by the members of the Illinois Social Club of the Blind and the Peoria District Association of the Blind. The Center was developed in order to provide vital services and support to individuals facing the uncertainties and challenges related to uncorrectable vision loss. The Center’s goal is to educate its members and provide them with independent living skills, helping to optimize individuals’ opportunities to lead an independent life.
Location: 2905 W Garden St in Peoria IL 61605
Call the office today to get involved either as a volunteer, a Board member, or as a client.
Serving the blind and visually impaired 18 and older adult population